Welcome to the site
- A new take in pictures on an old artefact – the (not really a) Shroud of Turin, more an imaginative 14th century marketing wheeze.
- The Shroud of Turin: probably not miraculous, just a simulated sweat imprint – a triumph of medieval joined-up thinking.
- After 2 years, and over 200 postings, I think I’ve finally cracked it – the enigma of the Shroud of Turin.
- The arrow of time – and entropy
- Beware: with each passing decade and century, the Shroud image sheds vital evidence as to its origins.
- Beware the mirage of apparent reverse-side scorching produced by the ‘BROIL’ effect.
- This title will not improve this blog’s Google ranking. But then, what will?
- Why is the Shroud image so superficial? More on the ongoing battle between science and pseudoscience.
- Daniel R. Porter’s shroudstory.com: ‘Troll Central’ by any other name.
- Mickey Mouse science now in the crosshairs.
- Time methinks to refresh this blog’s tagline (and hopefully improve its dismal Google ranking).
- Flow chart summarising a novel hypothesis for how the Shroud of Turin came into existence (and fooled generations of scholars)
- Today’s project – to produce a new chronological flow chart, proposing how a scorch image was ingeniously re-invented as a whole body “sweat imprint” (to suggest kinship with the Veil of Veronica).
- Was the Mark 1 TS image – a presumed heat scorch – relaunched at Lirey as a notional sweat imprint?
- Brief message to Joel Achenbach, Washington Post, re your hijacked posting on pseudoscience and the Turin Shroud
- alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood blood stains bloodstains branding cellulose Cluny medal colin berry conduction copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval hoax Mickey Mouse science Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience pyrolysis radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scorch theory scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP superficial sweat imprint templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting thermodynamics Thibault Heimburger trellis turin shroud
Top Posts & Pages
- Shroudie Congresses - places where fantasies are peddled...
- Shroudie-Alert: Day 11 Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI - what is one to make of his devotion to the Shroud (despite that radiocarbon dating)?
- Critique of Rogers' so-called vanillin clock for dating the Shroud: why was Stanley T. Kosiewicz not a co-author (and where's the data)?
- Shroud Scope 8: 372 impossible scourge marks (surely?) on the Shroud of Turin
- Modelling the image of the Turin Shroud - an interrupted experiment using onion epidermis - just one cell thick.
- 10 reasons for thinking that the Shroud of Turin does NOT show a crucified man (more likely a barbecued Knight Templar)
- Did you know there is a high-definition image of the Turin Shroud (most of it still under wraps)?
- The Shroud of Turin - let's focus on that hemicellulose coating on the linen fibres ... It could explain a great deal
- Shroud Scope 1: Let's take a closer look at the bloodstains on the Shroud of Turin. Correction - the images that are interpreted as bloodstains.
- Shroud Scope 10: my very own gallery of 20 close-up views of the Shroud – all lightly photo-edited for optimised colour-differentiation
Tag Archives: Thibault Heimburger
As the title indicates, I find the nitpicking over weft v warp somewhat tedious. They are just words for the two sets of threads mutually at right angles, and even if I have confused the two – which I’m willing … Continue reading
Links to my immediate three-part response to Thibault Heimburger’s critique of the scorch hypothesis
Thibault’s critique (with an artistic touch or two…) My response in three separate instalments; Part 1 Link Part 2 Link Part 3 Link Given that’s quite a slug of information and argument/rebuttal there. I guess some kind of summary … Continue reading
Yes, there is clear evidence of tenting, Thibault, with all-or-nothing imaging (yet another nail in the coffin for radiation models)
Here is my reply to the second part of the comment placed yesterday by Thibault Heimburger on that Other Site- the one hosted by the enigmatic Dan Porter and which is giving me daily stick for pressing on with my … Continue reading
‘ Those who have been following my most recent postings will know that I had a kind of eureka moment a couple of days ago. I refer to the idea that the blood on the Shroud was not applied as … Continue reading
This is an instant response to a post that has appeared on The Other Site, in which I am taken to task for underestimating the ability of blood to resist biodegradation. Stone age tools have been mentioned, with Thibault Heimburger … Continue reading
I’ve just received a long comment (see below) on my “Sorry Mr.Rogers” posting from Dr. Heimburger (whom I shall now refer to more informally as Thibault) . It is not so much directed at the specifics of what I said … Continue reading