Welcome to the site
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- Contact prints from a 3D figure will always be wider and suffer from wrap-around distortion. True or false?
- Here’s how a medieval entrepreneur could have produced the iconic two-fold image on the Turin Shroud.
- Who says science can’t explain the Shroud of Turin?
- Modelling the Man on the Turin Shroud using medieval technology: are we nearly there yet?
- Which type of flour is better for modelling the Man on the Turin Shroud? Aristocratic fine white wheat or monkish rye wholemeal?
- Response of my thermally-imprinted models of the Man on the Turin Shroud to an allegedly crucial test with ultraviolet light.
- What happened to make Geoffroy de Charny’s humble chapel the first undisputed mid-14th century home of the Turin Shroud? A second ransom demand?
- The Turin Shroud as “Decus et Tutamen” – an Ornament and a Protection?
- Does thermally-induced scorching of linen ALWAYS produce fluorescence under uv, rendering it invalid as a model for the Turin Shroud? Answer: most definitely NO.
- Shroud of Turin: performance characteristics of a simple uv lamp, chosen to check out claims that are dismissive of thermal imprinting mechanisms (Part 1 of 3).
- Might flour-power have been used create the enigmatic “Shroud” of Turin body image? A retired FMBRA flour scientist says …
- Is the Shroud of Turin really just 18 years short of its 2000th birthday? SEE THIS BLOG FOR A DAILY ACERBIC OVERVIEW OF CURRENT WRANGLING (currently 2015, now Week 35)
- Is the Shroud of Turin really just 18 years short of its 2000th birthday? SEE THIS BLOG FOR A DAILY ACERBIC OVERVIEW OF CURRENT WRANGLING (currently 2015, Week 34)
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood bloodstains blood stains cellulose colin berry conduction copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience pyrolysis radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scorch theory scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP sweat imprint templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger trellis turin shroud uv fluorescence
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- A new take in pictures on an old artefact – the (not really a) Shroud of Turin, more an imaginative 14th century marketing wheeze.
- 10 reasons for thinking that the Shroud of Turin does NOT show a crucified man (more likely a barbecued Knight Templar)
- Time maybe to re-think the received wisdom about the entire Shroud image being "highly superficial"?
- Blood-grouping the Shroud of Turin – like trying to sort apples from oranges in the dark wearing boxing gloves.
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face - in pictures.
- Critique of Rogers' so-called vanillin clock for dating the Shroud: why was Stanley T. Kosiewicz not a co-author (and where's the data)?
- Is it safe to have ammonia in the home? Won't it turn all your starched linen yellow via a Rogers' Maillard reaction?
- Is the Man on the Turin Shroud a pseudo-negative imprint from a DEATH MASK? (Could that be why the modern-day photographic negative looks so much better than the original?).
- What are you – stupid or something? Of course there’s a perfect correspondence between the Shroud and that face cloth...
- Shroudie Congresses - places where fantasies are peddled...
Tag Archives: Thibault Heimburger
As the title indicates, I find the nitpicking over weft v warp somewhat tedious. They are just words for the two sets of threads mutually at right angles, and even if I have confused the two – which I’m willing … Continue reading
Links to my immediate three-part response to Thibault Heimburger’s critique of the scorch hypothesis
Thibault’s critique (with an artistic touch or two…) My response in three separate instalments; Part 1 Link Part 2 Link Part 3 Link Given that’s quite a slug of information and argument/rebuttal there. I guess some kind of summary … Continue reading
Yes, there is clear evidence of tenting, Thibault, with all-or-nothing imaging (yet another nail in the coffin for radiation models)
Here is my reply to the second part of the comment placed yesterday by Thibault Heimburger on that Other Site– the one hosted by the enigmatic Dan Porter and which is giving me daily stick for pressing on with my … Continue reading
‘ Those who have been following my most recent postings will know that I had a kind of eureka moment a couple of days ago. I refer to the idea that the blood on the Shroud was not applied as … Continue reading
This is an instant response to a post that has appeared on The Other Site, in which I am taken to task for underestimating the ability of blood to resist biodegradation. Stone age tools have been mentioned, with Thibault Heimburger … Continue reading
I’ve just received a long comment (see below) on my “Sorry Mr.Rogers” posting from Dr. Heimburger (whom I shall now refer to more informally as Thibault) . It is not so much directed at the specifics of what I said … Continue reading