Welcome to the site
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda
- Comment promoted: what are we to make of the second face on the reverse side of the Turin Shroud?
- Might those be flecks of congealed wheat gluten one sees on the Turin Shroud? Evidence for unique one-off white flour imprinting?
- What’s Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- The Turin Shroud – surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child’s play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Shroud Question 1 from David Goulet: it’s to do with the testability of my 14th century flour-imprinting model.
- Final posting in previous stodgy site format: “Shroud of Turin – and now for a retrospective look at the boring old (systematic) science”
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- Contact prints from a 3D figure will always be wider and suffer from wrap-around distortion. True or false?
- Here’s how a medieval entrepreneur could have produced the iconic two-fold image on the Turin Shroud.
- Who says science can’t explain the Shroud of Turin?
- Modelling the Man on the Turin Shroud using medieval technology: are we nearly there yet?
- Which type of flour is better for modelling the Man on the Turin Shroud? Aristocratic fine white wheat or monkish rye wholemeal?
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood bloodstains blood stains body image cellulose colin berry conduction copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny giulio fanti haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval forgery Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scorch theory scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger turin shroud uv fluorescence
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there is a high-definition image of the Turin Shroud (most of it still under wraps)?
- A new take in pictures on an old artefact – the (not really a) Shroud of Turin, more an imaginative 14th century marketing wheeze.
- Yawn: yet another new sighting of the Shroud in medieval art (well, a ‘water stain’ anyway)
- Shroudie-Alert: Day 6
- How come the Shroud image looks so fuzzy and ghost-like?
- The Turin Shroud - surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child's play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Blood-grouping the Shroud of Turin – like trying to sort apples from oranges in the dark wearing boxing gloves.
- Shroud Scope 10: my very own gallery of 20 close-up views of the Shroud – all lightly photo-edited for optimised colour-differentiation
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda
Tag Archives: pseudo-science
Who can correctly guess the gist of my next posting, one that will be addressed primarily to MSM journalists? Here are some clues. 1. The effect that centuries of wear and tear might have on ancient man-made images. 2. Mickey … Continue reading
How a cunning 14th century visuo-semantic marketing ploy helped establish the ‘authenticity’ of the Shroud – and corrupted the French language into the bargain.
visuo-semantics (also given as visuosemantics) “The creation and addition of meaning through the semantic integration between text objects and the presentation of those text objects in visual relation, denoted both visuospatially and with relational symbols, with each other.” http://www.visuosemantics.com/ … Continue reading
Here’s an email I received this morning from Hugh Farey, a now frequent and welcome contributor to this otherwise semi-dormant blog: Hi Colin, A couple of days ago I completed a series of photos, at Thibault’s request, to illustrate my … Continue reading
The Turin Shroud: but for the pseudo science it would have been dismissed long ago as a medieval fake
This is the new title for my blog. The previous one (“Casting a critical eye at the Shroud of Turin”) was OK for starters, but with well over 100 postings covering a wide range of aspects – chemical, physiological, image … Continue reading
I’m still trying to come to terms with that comment of Daniel R Porter’s, see my previous posting yesterday, viz: “I guess you can do that if you ignore or alter facts. However, the Drs. Jackson, Rogers, Di Lazzaro and … Continue reading
Checklists – easy things to cut-and-paste – but is the inquisitor genuinely interested in one’s answers?
I generally ignore requests to answer lengthy checklists, unless I’m fairly certain that the enquirer is genuinely interested in the responses given, and not using them merely to impress and/or intimidate. The following checklist was served on me a couple … Continue reading
As an anti-piracy measure I shall assemble this post at leisure, in several instalments, and postpone ranking as a league table until last: Now listed in reverse chronological order (most recent at the top) Latest update (#4) posted Saturday 7:10 … Continue reading