Welcome to the site
- Pro-authenticity Shroud investigators should have considered the body image as a SIMULATED sweat imprint – before rushing to their pseudoscience (‘resurrectional incandescence’ etc).
- A solution (at last!) to the Turin Shroud – based on my 5 years of continuous experimental research.
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly ‘supernatural’ Turin Shroud) ?
- My revised Model 10, proposing a key role for RADIANT (infrared) heat in generating image colour from a body imprint onto wet linen, using nothing but dry white flour.
- My Model 10 – thermal imprinting with white flour onto linen – can account for the curious properties of the Turin Shroud body image
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda!
- Comment promoted: what are we to make of the second face on the reverse side of the Turin Shroud?
- Might those be flecks of congealed wheat gluten one sees on the Turin Shroud? Evidence for unique one-off white flour imprinting?
- What’s Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- The Turin Shroud – surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child’s play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Shroud Question 1 from David Goulet: it’s to do with the testability of my 14th century flour-imprinting model.
- Final posting in previous stodgy site format: “Shroud of Turin – and now for a retrospective look at the boring old (systematic) science”
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood bloodstains blood stains body image cellulose colin berry conduction contact imprint copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny giulio fanti haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval forgery Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger turin shroud white flour
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there is a high-definition image of the Turin Shroud (most of it still under wraps)?
- Seven short and simple answers to the Shroud of Turin Enigma Challenge - and a plea for the reporting of real science...
- Doubly puzzling news item regarding Shroud promoter Russ Breault.
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face - in pictures.
- The Turin Shroud - surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- What's Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly 'supernatural' Turin Shroud) ?
Tag Archives: negative image
The picture on the left is a small brass crucifix, purchased off a stall at an Antibes Saturday market. Next to it on the right is a negative image obtained from it that has been 3D-enhanced in ImageJ. . There’s a … Continue reading
Might flour-power have been used create the enigmatic “Shroud” of Turin body image? A retired FMBRA flour scientist says …
Back in January 2012 this investigator set out to model the Shroud of Turin body image, using known scientific principles. (He thinks he may have succeeded!) It was in response to the claim by Paolo Di Lazzaro and his … Continue reading
The Shroud of Turin: probably not miraculous, just a simulated sweat imprint – a triumph of medieval joined-up thinking.
Modelling the Shroud image: from heated brass crucifix (left) to 3D-enhanced light/dark reversed scorch image (right). Not 100% there yet, but arguably making progress. The first recorded appearance of the TS was in the tiny French hamlet of Lirey, south … Continue reading
A scientist’s eye view of how the iconic Turin Shroud image came about – a happy accident of thermographic and photographic inversion?
Step 1: get yourself a stick of artist’s charcoal, do a quick sketch of the Man on the Shroud. Ring any bells? Certainly it’s crude, but it shows how a quickie drawn image can produce a ‘ghostly’ end -result. A … Continue reading