Welcome to the site
- A solution (at last!) to the Turin Shroud – based on my 5 years of continuous experimental research.
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly ‘supernatural’ Turin Shroud) ?
- My revised Model 10, proposing a key role for RADIANT (infrared) heat in generating image colour from a body imprint onto wet linen, using nothing but dry white flour.
- My Model 10 – thermal imprinting with white flour onto linen – can account for the curious properties of the Turin Shroud body image
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda!
- Comment promoted: what are we to make of the second face on the reverse side of the Turin Shroud?
- The Turin Shroud – surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child’s play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Shroud Question 1 from David Goulet: it’s to do with the testability of my 14th century flour-imprinting model.
- Final posting in previous stodgy site format: “Shroud of Turin – and now for a retrospective look at the boring old (systematic) science”
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood blood stains bloodstains body image cellulose colin berry conduction copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny giulio fanti haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval forgery Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scorch theory scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger turin shroud uv fluorescence
- August 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Could this be clinching evidence that the Shroud image is a contact scorch?
- Blood-grouping the Shroud of Turin – like trying to sort apples from oranges in the dark wearing boxing gloves.
- The Turin Shroud - surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Doubly puzzling news item regarding Shroud promoter Russ Breault.
- Shroudie-Alert: Day 11 Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI - what is one to make of his devotion to the Shroud (despite that radiocarbon dating)?
- Mickey Mouse science now in the crosshairs.
- Flow chart summarising a novel hypothesis for how the Shroud of Turin came into existence (and fooled generations of scholars)
- Here's what Alan D. Adler could (should?) have done to investigate the porphyrins of those anomalous Shroud bloodstains.
Tag Archives: Hugh Farey
What happened to make Geoffroy de Charny’s humble chapel the first undisputed mid-14th century home of the Turin Shroud? A second ransom demand?
WHY DID GEOFFROY DE CHARNY CHANGE HIS MIND? DOROTHY CRISPINO Crusaders, Templars, knights and knaves have been stalked by sleuths intent on identifying the man who carried the Holy Shroud away from Constantinople in 1204 and—presumably but not necessarily—took it … Continue reading
20:58: Here’s an attempt to line up frontal v dorsal images without the sky falling on one’s head, with or without a cyber-Valkyrie from the far west seeking out her next victim for despatch to the Nether -World naughty-step. Nope, on … Continue reading
Here’s an email I received this morning from Hugh Farey, a now frequent and welcome contributor to this otherwise semi-dormant blog: Hi Colin, A couple of days ago I completed a series of photos, at Thibault’s request, to illustrate my … Continue reading
Time maybe to re-think the received wisdom about the entire Shroud image being “highly superficial”?
Stop press: this posting of mine, probably the last for a while, possibly the VERY LAST, unless or until the Shroudosphere sees a major significant new development, has been described on The Other Site as a “better posting, perhaps his … Continue reading
Time maybe for a radical re-jigging of the scorch model – and of the alleged superficiality of the Shroud image too?
I’ve been exchanging emails with Hugh Farey recently. He’s been sending some impressive photographs of linen fibres, before and after scorching. There’s currently the beginnings of an exchange of views on the importance or otherwise of the primary cell wall … Continue reading
Here’s a comment that Hugh left recently on The Other Site, one whose sentiments I fully endorse. “I don’t know where you got the idea that Science was the pursuit of truth. Only non-Scientists think that! Science is the gradual … Continue reading