Welcome to the site
- Pro-authenticity Shroud investigators should have considered the body image as a SIMULATED sweat imprint – before rushing to their pseudoscience (‘resurrectional incandescence’ etc).
- A solution (at last!) to the Turin Shroud – based on my 5 years of continuous experimental research.
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly ‘supernatural’ Turin Shroud) ?
- My revised Model 10, proposing a key role for RADIANT (infrared) heat in generating image colour from a body imprint onto wet linen, using nothing but dry white flour.
- My Model 10 – thermal imprinting with white flour onto linen – can account for the curious properties of the Turin Shroud body image
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda!
- Comment promoted: what are we to make of the second face on the reverse side of the Turin Shroud?
- Might those be flecks of congealed wheat gluten one sees on the Turin Shroud? Evidence for unique one-off white flour imprinting?
- What’s Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- The Turin Shroud – surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child’s play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Shroud Question 1 from David Goulet: it’s to do with the testability of my 14th century flour-imprinting model.
- Final posting in previous stodgy site format: “Shroud of Turin – and now for a retrospective look at the boring old (systematic) science”
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood bloodstains blood stains body image cellulose colin berry conduction contact imprint copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny giulio fanti haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval forgery Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger turin shroud white flour
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there is a high-definition image of the Turin Shroud (most of it still under wraps)?
- Seven short and simple answers to the Shroud of Turin Enigma Challenge - and a plea for the reporting of real science...
- Doubly puzzling news item regarding Shroud promoter Russ Breault.
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face - in pictures.
- The Turin Shroud - surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- What's Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly 'supernatural' Turin Shroud) ?
Monthly Archives: December 2012
There’s some confusion right now about which side of the Man in the Shroud – left or right – has the spear “wound”. The explanation from ‘DaveB of Wellington, NZ’ on the shroudstory.com site is I believe correct, if somewhat … Continue reading
Guest posting from Hugh Farey (yipee – another science bod!): here’s a snapshot of his current studies of scorching and uv fluorescence.
One does not have to be acquainted with “Shroudology” for very long to pick up the received ‘doctrines’ (I hesitate to call it received wisdom). Prominent among those doctrines is the mantra that the Shroud image can’t possibly be a … Continue reading
Which single word best sums up the pseudoscientific claims of Shroudologists? I’ve thought quite long and hard about that question. Today, inspiration finally struck, though it required a resort to a folksy style of English that is arguably more Stateside … Continue reading
Here’s a comment that has just appeared from Shroud road show promoter Russ Breault on Dan Porter’s shroudstory.com site as it is now called: December 6, 2012 at 9:32 am | #1 Thanks Dan, here is an example of what … Continue reading