Welcome to the site
- A solution (at last!) to the Turin Shroud – based on my 5 years of continuous experimental research.
- Does an imprint of my unquestionably human hand onto fabric possess UNIQUE 3D properties (like, er, that supposedly ‘supernatural’ Turin Shroud) ?
- My revised Model 10, proposing a key role for RADIANT (infrared) heat in generating image colour from a body imprint onto wet linen, using nothing but dry white flour.
- My Model 10 – thermal imprinting with white flour onto linen – can account for the curious properties of the Turin Shroud body image
- STURP: Space-age Technology Unleashing Religious Propaganda!
- Comment promoted: what are we to make of the second face on the reverse side of the Turin Shroud?
- Might those be flecks of congealed wheat gluten one sees on the Turin Shroud? Evidence for unique one-off white flour imprinting?
- What’s Dan Porter up to these days (Christmas 2016, 1 year after finally closing his Shroud of Turin blog)?
- The Turin Shroud – surely the most cunning, dastardly con trick in history (14th century France)
- Might invisible ink technology (mere child’s play) have been superbly fine-tuned to achieve whole body imaging?
- Shroud Question 1 from David Goulet: it’s to do with the testability of my 14th century flour-imprinting model.
- Final posting in previous stodgy site format: “Shroud of Turin – and now for a retrospective look at the boring old (systematic) science”
- Modelling the Shroud of Turin with white flour, olive oil and a real face – in pictures.
- More original, cutting edge stuff from Hugh Farey appears in his latest BSTS Newsletter No.82 (December 2015)
- Contact prints from a 3D figure will always be wider and suffer from wrap-around distortion. True or false?
- 1532 Chambery fire alan adler alan d adler badge lirey Barrie Schwortz bas relief bilirubin blood blood stains bloodstains body image cellulose colin berry conduction copyright crucifixion Dan Porter face cloth fibres flour imprint fluorescence forgery geoffroi de charney geoffroi de charny giulio fanti haemoglobin hemicellulose hemicelluloses Hugh Farey image ImageJ jacques de molay John jackson junk science Knights Templar leeches linen Lirey lirey badge Maillard reaction Mario Latendresse Mark Evans medieval forgery Mickey Mouse science negative image Paolo Di Lazzaro porphyrins primary cell wall pseudo-science pseudoscience radiation radiation model radiocarbon dating Raymond N Rogers scorch scorch hypothesis scorching scorch theory scourge marks secondary cell wall Shroud of Turin Shroudology Shroud Scope shroudstory.com spear wound St.Lawrence STERA STURP templars template thermal imprint thermal imprinting Thibault Heimburger turin shroud uv fluorescence
- August 2017
- July 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there is a high-definition image of the Turin Shroud (most of it still under wraps)?
- 10 reasons for thinking that the Shroud of Turin does NOT show a crucified man (more likely a barbecued Knight Templar)
- Change of direction
- Yet more Mickey Mouse science (despite a Google top-ranking).
- A solution (at last!) to the Turin Shroud - based on my 5 years of continuous experimental research.
- Shroud Scope 8: 372 impossible scourge marks (surely?) on the Shroud of Turin
- Dan Porter and his 2002 Long Bet,10 years on. Was he right? I say NO.Time has proved him spectacularly WRONG...
- Refining a model: children's 'invisible ink' trick with lemon juice allows thermal imprinting ("scorching") at a much reduced temperature
- Simple physics says there are 7 ways of producing a scorch on linen
- Is the Shroud of Turin really just 18 years short of its 2000th birthday? SEE THIS BLOG FOR A DAILY ACERBIC OVERVIEW OF CURRENT WRANGLING ( currently 2015, Week 32)
Monthly Archives: April 2012
A comprehensive new theory detailing a medieval origin for the Turin Shroud: a scorching onto linen – and human consciousness – of the last of the Knights Templar.
Update: see also the two recent postings on my other Shroud site, strawshredder.wordpress.com SUMMARY: Hypothesis: the scorch-like image on the Shroud of Turin, at least the initial Mark 1 version, was not of the crucified Jesus Christ, nor 1st century … Continue reading
Comparison of Lirey Badge (Cluny medal) depicting the Shroud of Turin in the14th century with the 1865 Forgeais drawing – for open discussion
1. The crucial difference, apart from the face which I mentioned yesterday (with or without the Jesus-identifying long hair, beard and moustache, is that “chain” (if indeed that is what it is) that spans the waist region. One the Badge … Continue reading
A reply to Dan Porter and his Shroud of Turin associates re the significance of the Lirey Pilgrim’s Badge
Dan Porter, you make it seem as if I have confused one Geoffrey with another “completely different person, perhaps related, perhaps not” . What complete poppycock, Dan Porter. I have to say that for some time this has become a … Continue reading
Was the Shroud of Turin intended as a visual double entendre – with an martyred Knight Templar serving as proxy for the crucified Christ?
The starting point for this hypothesis is that remarkable artefact known as the Lirey Badge, retrieved from the Seine in the 19th century. (Provisional link, light on detail, and inaccurate too . Why is information on this artefact not easily … Continue reading
Updated 21st April with an “annotated” version in which I imagine myself to be Alan D Adler explaining his ideas in simpler terms, as if to someone on a web forum, while still trying to stay as close to his … Continue reading
IMPORTANT NOTE ADDED 10 JUNE 2012: MUCH OF WHAT I SAID IN THE FOLLOWING POST IS NOW RENDERED LARGELY REDUNDANT BY MY LEARNING OF M.LATENDRESSE’S “SHROUD SCOPE” . THIS SPLENDID RESOURCE- ONE THAT DESERVES TO BE MUCH BETTER KNOWN – … Continue reading